ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 10:08 AM   #488
Hoffman
Agent of Shield
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Those are all very legitimate reasons for your purchasing habits, but I don't think buying in Canada and supporting the local economy means you're a 'sucker' or you're getting 'ripped off'.

It may work out cheaper for you driving down, but a good chunk of that extra $5 comes from shipping products to and within Canada. Part of the reason costs are higher in Canada is because of the infrastructure of a small population in a huge country. Also, economies of scale. US companies can operate on smaller margins due to much higher volume. Domestically we have a potential customer base 1/10th the size of the US, and it's almost impossible to tap the international market due to shipping costs.

For most individuals, buying from the US and shipping to Canada does end up costing more. I did it for almost 20 years at all sorts of exchange rates, and I hear it almost every time I meet a new customer.

It's great if some of you have found a way to purchase that works for you. But that doesn't make everybody else a fool.
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping