ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 03:16 AM   #1275
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

^ Wolffe is just confusing from what I've seen. I do not work there but this is what I gathered:

"Wasn't allowed" to preorder Wolffe at 2 different stores here using the SKU on April 28th. I blame inept employees.

Some stores got him May 1st. Some posters were able to preorder him. I called multiple stores here and if they received any, they got 1. Maybe 2. Stores allowed a day hold if you called them first-thing. One store outside the city here did not receive theirs until the following week. I tried to preorder there but wasn't allowed either. Their system treats any item that is released as no longer preorderable I guess.

One store looked at the SKU in their inventory system (?) and I saw the numbers with my own eyes: website was 99 and stores were a number in the 20s.

One store told me this meant a lot would show up on the website and that stores would get a restock. There isn't even a link for Wolffe on the website from what I can see. Did it ever go up? Not that I know of.

Every exclusive that EB have gotten from Hasbro (Marvel, TFs, SW) hasn't been one and gone. I am of the opinion that more are coming. When I first got the TF Clones it was 1 per store and then more arrived weeks later.

Now after typing all that.. hopefully the following info helps you specifically with your preorder: go in-store and talk to someone who knows what's what.

I did a pre-order for the Dewback from the website to the store. Their system does a process where it is like ship to store... except really slow. It was over a week after it was supposed to arrive and the store still didn't get it. So the store got me one from another EB and then when mine actually arrived, it was shipped to that other store in-exchange.

Last edited by chaingunsofdoom; 05-12-2018 at 03:18 AM.
chaingunsofdoom is online now   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping