ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #7
Napseeker
Dark Knight
Re: How does Target stock and restock their toys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66jedikiller66 View Post
I don't really think there is a "rationing" it's just whether there is enough room on the pegs for full case. The employees stock at night so they get paid to put stuff out by the hour.
Well I can think of one reason why they might ration stuff. If you've noticed, at my Target at least, the store doesn't seem to carry a lot of inventory. I think that's been a huge complaint by customers since they opened - they go in and find scant stuff that's worth buying. Even Zellers seemed to be a lot fuller than Target is, when it comes to toys (maybe the fact the toy aisles were so messy just makes it seem that way).

If you don't have much stock, then you'd ration it until your company can get their distribution channels up and running to handle larger deliveries. For all we know they could only have a few trucks that deliver stock to their stores, or their delivery trucks only come once every week (contrast to say Walmart which seems to get delivery trucks daily).

So rationing just prevents the shelves from looking empty and deserted. Imagine going into a big retail store and literally finding row after row of unused pegs and shelves. I think that'd look pretty bad...
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping