ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 03:27 AM   #6
Hantei
Master of the Universe
Re: Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo - April 27th - 29th, 2012

I did, both photo and autograph. Unfortunately, they only allowed one item to get signed, so I had our photo with Stan signed. The way they had it set up, it was like an assembly line. I gave my item to the helper on Stan's right, he slides it over to Stan, Stan signs it, then a helper on Stan's left slides it away and gives it back to me. I think it was like a 10 sec window of one-on-one time with Stan, so I couldn't get it personalized. Haha, at least he looked up and gave me smile after signing my photo, enough time for me to thank him. Seemed like everyone brought in a book, graphic novel, poster, or comic to have him sign. I may have been the only person who brought something so... personal, haha.

Saturday was awful, the Fire Marshall shut down entry into the place at around 1pm. After which there was a controlled entry into the event, about 100 people at time. Ticket sales to get in were cut off at about 12.30pm (it opened at 10am). Probably for the best, cause it was pretty crowded in there.

Sunday was a little better, they actually had the Stampede ground staff controlling the line-up to get in. I think people must have started lining up 2 hours before, cause when we arrived about 30min before opening there was already a line that snaked around the grounds. I heard ticket sales were cut off, about 30 min - 1 hour after opening.

Of interest I found some videos people uploaded of the Spotlight panels they had on Saturday and Sunday. I think I even saw the TNG Exposed one, the 25th anniversary reunion event for the TNG cast. That one you actually had to purchase a separate ticket for.

Here's the Stan Lee one:
2012 Calgary Expo Stan Lee Panel Part 1 Of 3
2012 Calgary Expo Stan Lee Panel Part 2 Of 3
2012 Calgary Expo Stan Lee Panel Part 3 Of 3
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping