ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 01:55 PM   #447
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

254-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: The Red Skull / Hydra Soldiers.

Rating of worst to best of the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies continued; see review 207-2, 210-2, 216-2, 222-2, 228-2, 232-2, 233-2, 242-2, 244-2 & 248-2 for the previous instalments.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Rating: #12. The Avengers

My impression of the Avengers when I first came out of the theater was that it could have possibly been my favorite movie of all time and it now did not even crack my MCU top ten, what the heck is wrong with me? This is not to say that this is a bad movie, in fact it is extremely far from it, it’s just that Avengers has not really been in my “go to” selection to play in the background when I am working, so it goes by the wayside in my mental rankings. I will say that it is a brilliant end of the initial phase of the MCU (I know that technically IM 3 is the official end of phase 1 but I don’t care), blending all the characters once featured in their respective first run movies into something that feels like the equivalent of a comic book Giant Sized Annual; no easy task indeed. I also really like Loki as the main villains as he plays well off all the characters and of course any fan would have to be super excited at the introduction of Thanos to the MCU. I think what I find lacking and this is not really the fault of The Avengers per se, but I think I’m growing tired of the alien battle in major city finali. I realize that those are the biggest stakes that you could have in a move, but i’ve seen this hundreds of times in all sorts of movies and to me it's just kind of lazy. Lastly, and this is more of a personal preference, I like the phase 2 additions to the character line up and will typically enjoy newer characters over old ones that I have seen over and over; call it character burnout but at this point I would rather see something new than Iron Man yet another movie; there are so many more heroes to work with.
So overall, I love this movie; they accomplished an amazing feat that really set up the MCU for years to come. But with all the new characters that have taken over the MCU, and this will make me sound like a spoiled fan boy, I just can’t help but be board with it.

Pros: Overall a really nice sculpt on a figure that was long overdue. I also like the multiple head sculpts, body armour and Hydra rifles for troop builders.

Cons: 4 heads and you can’t give the leader of Hygra a frickin handgun? Seriously??!?

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping