Thread: My collection
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 05:16 PM   #21
Gerjurdking
Super Friend
Re: My collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobralegion View Post
Thanks! Glad you like them and I'll try to put more up when I get time. I love looking at them to and would kill to be able to go back then and buy more Joes for 3.99. Always wish I had bought more but I guess I got what I could afford at the time. My biggest regret is not buying more of these....only 1.50 a figure.
When I was about 10 or 11 I remember purchasing Battle Corps Major Bludd and was so happy to read through the "Premium Offers" booklet. I knew it was going to be a tough sell but I convinced my parents to order me a Hiss as well as three figures: Sgt. Slaughter, Serpentor, and Spirit. Six to eight weeks later imagine my disappointment when I find my Hiss has been substituted with a SHARC - a vehicle I already had - and my Spirit was dressed up in neon (only in the Internet era did I find out it was an "Air Commandos" version).

Growing up shortly after the glory years all I really had to go by were the Sunbow cartoon repeats and hand-me-down toys from relatives. Had I known what a Cobra Officer was I would have been in for one for sure and probably a Stinger Driver too.
Gerjurdking is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping