ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 09:01 PM   #438
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

249-2
Hasbro- Transformers- Combiner Wars: Breakdown

Rating of worst to best of the Transformers movies continued; see review 208-2, 213-2, 217-2, 223-2, 226-2, 230-2, 234-2, 239-2, 243-2 & 246-2 for previous instalments:

Transformers Movie Rating #4: Transformers: Age of Extinction: The Bad

How long should a movie really be? I suppose there was a time when longer equalled better, but now is not that time and not every movie needs to be 2:30 hours to tell a story Problem is Age of Extinction has so much senseless, wasted times that it just feels bloated. For instance you could easily cut the scene with the real estate agent, the milk break on the roof in China (more on that later) and a good portion of that ridiculous “extreme” car chase jumping out of the building and down the skateboard ramp. Also, AOE did something that I thought was not entirely possible, make the Bayverse transformations perhaps even worse. I suppose there is some precedent set for it with the use of Nanobots mixed with Cybertronian technology, but I never really liked the wavelength inspired transformation that both Galvatron (ugh) and Stingray have as it’s just a total cheat, but likely makes the robot/car designs that much easier; thankfully it was only used for this movie

Pros: Breakdown was my favourite of the stunticons as a kid and I feel this figure does it justice for the most part. Matching his G1 look his vehicle is reminiscent of a cream colored Lamborghini with navy blue and red highlights. As with other combiner wars figures he has a decent amount of articulation and actually has a decent weapon that can be used as both a sword and blaster.

Cons: I can’t recall if I’ve seen this mould in previous Combiner Wars figures, but the robot mode, namely the lower hip and leg assembly is not great, requires a bit of fiddling with to get right and easily comes loose while posing the figure.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping