Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 03:16 PM   #11
Onslaught
Cylon Centurion
Re: New Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
prototype for hasbro just means its not the final figure you will find in stoes in terms of deco. Look, you can think waht you want but if you are looking for more than what they showed, you risk being quite dissapointed.
If you saw the panel (it's up on YouTube) the Hasbro reps explicitly say that this is a one of a kind prototype that they practically rushed to have ready for the show. This one was 3D printed, hand painted details including the face (as opposed to their Photo Real printing) (and they even missed one side of the coin on Saba). They go so far as to say that the final piece will be smoother, better detailed, etc.

Above is all what they said, below are some of my thoughts. I wouldn't be too surprised if there were still some changes to be made on the figures. This will likely be the base figure for the line as a whole, so I'd imagine they want to make it as good as can be from the get go (they did talk it up quite highly so maybe they are happy). Some things like the weapon gripping hands having side to side movement as opposed to up and down, I can't see that being a permanent thing, and would assume there would be different styles of joints depending on the hand. Unfortunately I doubt we'll see ball joints in the wrist. For personal preferences I'd probably prefer a mid torso ball peg instead of an ab crunch, but I suppose that's fine. And also a double ball peg at the neck instead of the swivel peg it has.

Definitely excited for this line and can't wait to see what else there is to come.
Onslaught is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping