Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 12:03 PM   #9
Evan
Jedi Knight
Re: GI Joe Pursuit of Cobra Arctic Threat Destro Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerguy76 View Post
I notice the button on the backpack, but had no idea what it was. It's neat that it is a water gun. The snow pieces are just wierd. Same with the ice auger. Not gonna complain about getting too much tho. Not too big on the green eyes, but a decent figure for sure.
Yeah I was thinking instructions for the watergun would be helpful. I didn't clue in right away. It was sort of a "This is odd...hey, waitaminute!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerguy76 View Post
I pulled mine over his eyes. It did feel like they were on the verge of snapping, but I think it's more of a rubber and it's just stretching.
Good to know. I'll give it a shot! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
I will always love the orignial 80's toys and the 25th line, but POC totally shits on everything before it. IMO, while 25th anniversary was a nice redo of the 80's toy, meant to make them modern-like but retain the odd 80's designs (eg: Alley Viper's Orange camo), POC is a true modernization of the toy line. POC is definitely my favorite Joe line, and possibly one of my favorite toy lines in general. I can't wait for 2011 Low Light.

EDIT: Also, how great is Destro's paint job? The subtle frosting on his mask, the snow on the jacket, etc. Awesome. Great review, man!
Well said! Low Light is on my wait list too. And yes, the snow paint job is great! And thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
You know he kind of looks like Mr. Freeze. If Freeze was the supervillain for the next Batman movie, I imagine this is what he'd look like.
Custom anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by counteresperanto View Post
Thanks for the review, by the way. Other reviewers seem to be in such a hurry to gush over Dusty and Jungle Viper that hardly a word is ever said about poor old Destro here.
Thanks! Admittedly, I don't have Dusty or the Jungle Viper. I'll probably grab them at some point, but this figure really stands out to me as the highlight in the line (so far anyway!)
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping