ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 12:21 PM   #343
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

186-2
DC Collectibles: DC Icons: Aquaman

As of this writing, DC’s new movie Aquaman has not quite hit theaters so it’s unclear if they have a Wonder Woman sized hit or another typical DC yawnfest. (sorry DC Movie fans, they are just not good.) I’m hoping for the latter as I love DC and want to see great movies, but I’m just not certain that they can make it work with the existing blueprint. Time will certainly tell, especially by the time this review is posited, if Aquaman is enough to carry a movie.

Pros: Once again DC Collectibles has hit it out of the park with another amazing Icons sculpt. Unfortunately due to current state of the company I honestly do not think we will see another line with so much sculpted detail as Icons and it’s a damn shame that it was not properly received. One accessory included is a first for me: an additional head with an added sonar accessory that you can plug into a hole in his head to recreate talking to sea life ability. Other accessories such as other hands and his trusty five pointed trident (Pent-dent?) are also included.

Cons: Once again Icons are hindered by a smaller size and having no thigh swivel. Also, on that sonar accessory I had to stretch the head hole a bit to make it fit.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping