ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 01:59 PM   #345
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

188-2
Disney Toy Box- Disney: Mickey Mouse.

For those who are missing out, Disney Toy Box is a line of fully articulated, somewhat cartoonish, 4-5 inch action figures that are exclusively sold at Disney Stores for a very reasonable $15. They are split into 4 groups that align with Disney’s various IPs and basically rose from the demise of the super popular, and cancelled too early (my opinion) Disney Infinity line. The sublines include Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar and Disney proper and while there is a distinction between line, they share the same stylized sculpting and basic articulation scheme. In short, if you ever wanted Captain America and Mr Incredible to go toe to toe with Darth Vader, this line of figures is for you.

Pros: As a self described Disney fanatic I was extremely happy to see that Mickey Mouse and Pluto were released number 1 of the “Disney Proper” Toy Box Sub-line (Despite Jack Skellington being in stores first) as I feel that the original characters are often overshadowed. Sure they might not have most current movie to tie into, but they are the classics and fans would love a full set of the Fab 5. Sculpting wise Mickey looks great in his classic red, black and white (w/ yellow accents) and Pluto looks like he bounded right out of the cartoon. Articulation wise Mickey has all the standard Toybox points and has decent poseability, but Pluto doesn’t have any which is fine as he is basically an accessory.

Cons: This is not really the fault of the figure as I doubt Mickey was imagined as a 3D form, but there is some awkwardness of the mould and trouble with multiple poses given that he is top heavy with that big old head so much so that his feet are not enough to support.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping