Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 12:56 AM   #6
Darkspecter
Red Shirt
Re: MOTUC Illumina Day! December 15th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue_Optimus View Post
Nice design and all but who is she? I've never heard or seen the character before
I'm glad you like her!

Illumina is a character meant to make her first appearance in MVCreations' MOTU Volume 3, Issue 4 comic. She was to have the story line in the bio that's on the image I posted. The variant cover of Issue 4 (showing Illumina and her Cat) was advertised in Volume 3, Issues 1, 2 and 3. Then, she never appeared in Issue 4 because Mattel instituted a "no new characters" policy and put a strict limit on the characters that could be used and the stories that could be told. This could have been because the 2002 toy line or show wasn't doing as well as they would have liked, but I'm not 100% on that. Other companies have put restrictions like this in comics and TV shows too. The Justice League Unlimited cartoon was not allowed to use Superman or Batman supporting characters and villains for a period of time, for example.

Anyhow, since that time, Illumina has gotten sort of a cult following over the years. It began when she kept being advertised though, with MVC readers wondering who she was and how she would fit into the story.

Here's the last advertisement of Illumina from Volume 3, Issue 3:

Darkspecter is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping