View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 08:37 PM   #2977
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryfe2026 View Post
Okay, that makes sense.

Well truthfully, they did overdo it with FA black series. They had everything under the sun from that movie. But they learned with TLJ, and only producers token figures, save for the Praetorians and Rey. They didn’t even give us accurate Finns or Roses. Then ROS happened and they produced exactly 8 figures from that movie. Even Rogue One or Solo didn’t have the extensive load of figures you’re thinking of. Black series has been hit and miss with a lot of their releases; often redoing figures that are older with the archive series, or specializing with the anniversary stuff. I forget the original argument here to be honest.
If I remember correctly it was myself basically saying that if Disney's sequels and spin off films did well enough to the point of surpassing the OT in popularity and sales (which they likely were aiming for) then Disney wouldn't really need to rely on OT merch anymore and it would end up in the same position the PT is now. Under utilized and mainly left in the corner for whenever Hasbro and Disney feel like doing something with it for a quick buck.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 11-23-2020 at 08:40 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping