ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 04:23 PM   #427
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

241-2
Hasbro- Star Wars Black Series: Bespin Luke

Rating of worst to best of the Star Wars movies continued; see reviews 215-2, 218-2 & 221-2 for the previous instalments:

Star Wars Movie Rating #9. Star Wars Ep 3- Revenge of the Sith: The Good

Second from the bottom might be a bit surprising for Ep 3 as it's commonly held in higher regard, but for me it represents more of a missed opportunity to really showcase Ankin's fallout with Obi Wan and his ultimate transformation to Darth Vader. Unfortunantly what we got was a bit of a hamfisted series of loose ends quickly tied up by the end to ensure everything is left the way it should be for EP 4.
As mentioned I had some pretty high expectations for this movie and I do have to give credit where it is due. The first sequence with Palpatine's rescue was pretty incredible. Hell, that initial shot of the Jedi Star Fighters clearing the Republic Destroyers to revel one of the most epic space battles is nothing short of amazing and it happens in the first 5 minutes. I also really like the introduction of General Grievous, but would have rather he been introduced in EP 2 to give his character more time to grow. Sure there was some more backstory from the 2 Clone Wars cartoons, but the movies should really stand on their own accord. Lastly the final lightsaber battle between Obi Wan and Vader was incredible with both actors showing some serious saber skills. And while it was not my preferred fight set up (i would have rather Vader been in the suit, or at the very least a version of the suit) with a red light saber, I do admit that it works really well to show the ultimate breakdown of their relationship.
Pros: Bespin Luke is a great example of why these Black Series figures are so great; Solid overall sculpt of the outfit, decent articulation suitable for a number of good poses and key accessories that compliment the figure well. Granted this was a much bigger feat when these only cost $20 (canadian) but I digress, they are still nice figures.
Cons: I’m not sure if I just got an odd one, but Luke’s face is a bit haggard. I’d like to think it was the result of the Wampa attack on Hoth, but can’t help but feel that they could have done a better job. Perhaps there is a re-release on the horizon for this figure.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping