ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 11:38 AM   #428
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

242-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Tiger Shark

Rating of worst to best of the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies continued; see review 207-2, 210-2, 216-2, 222-2, 228-2, 232-2 & 233-2 for the previous instalments.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Rating #15- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

Originally GOTG2 was a lot higher on my list, but after some re-watches and reflection I’m not sure that it deserved that spot. Not that it's a bad movie or an poor sequel, there were just some odd choices made. That said, I’m happy to hear that, as of this review, James Gunn has been reinstated as director given that I never really understood the reasoning behind him being let go. Now I don’t know the specifics and maybe he is a weird guy that made some questionable choices, but as far as I know he never broke any laws and has apparently grown up a bit. In any case he is a capable director and gave a life to a little known comic book team that features a talking racoon and a tree; what more do you want? The story works well in the context of the world and really does well to develop Peter Quill’s back story as the offspring of a celestial being, thereby retconning his ability to hold an Infinity stone without dying, even if it strays a bit from the source material. I also appreciate that they gave more time to Rocket as it would have been really easy to write him off as a secondary character. Additionally was nice to see the connection between Gamora and Nebula as it really plays into the Infinity War and End Game films. Hell, even Yondu gets a good arc. As a matter of fact, this movie did a great job in featuring all characters featured in a large ensemble cast that could easily be forgotten or lost in the shuffle. That said, not all are perfect and while I still love the character and performance, I was pretty disappointed in Drax. Yes, there was some good stuff there, but he really changed from the first one and not for the better. To be honest, even 50% less belly laughing would have changed my opinion. Let’s hope that in Volume 3 they can even him out a bit. I will also say that the ending pretty well broke me and though cliche, felt was fitting for the character and a touching end for a “simple comic” movie and quite frankly a good example of why these Marvel movies are so well received.

Pros: Tiger Shark seems like one of those comic characters that i would have make up as kid; not that there's anything wrong with that given most comic characters are probably derived as such, but it’s merely an observation. I’m also not sure why, but it never really dawned on me that he might play foil to the Atlantean grump Namor, who is apparently so off my radar that I forgot Marvel had an underwater fella of their own.I like the overall hulking look of the larger body type they gave TS and also feel that again, Hasbro did a really great job on the head sculpt. He’s another filler toy that some collector would like, but if you need to pick him up for the BAF piece he’s not too bad.

Cons: According to the 3 minutes of research I did, it appears that his traditional costume has barbs running up and down his legs and torso, something that is noticeably missing from this figure. In truth I’m not sure that it wouldn’t have looked silly, but it’s still a noticeable difference. Also the fin on his head limits his ability to look up, something a water based individual would likely want to do.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping