ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 04:44 PM   #9
cloud
Master of the Universe
Re: Why does Mattel not want articulation on their toys?

The market is getting tougher. I'd imagine the retailers also have a lot of say. I would guess that some feedback from retailers to toy companies are that they would want something cheaper that parents are more reluctant to buy for kids. Toys that are less than $10. That being said, Mattel is really out of touch in the toy business. They are repacking the old batmobiles in the hotwheels line that they did in 2003. Their Man of Steel figures are ugly, I don't know what they are called but they have this super deformed sling shot type figures that I don't feel they would appeal to kids at all. The 4" figures look cheap. I don't mind less articulation but some whacky accessories but I expect Kenner quality where the variants are silly but at least you get a "Deep dive Batman" or "Arctic Batman" that are cool in their own way. Even the Superman Returns line had some cool variants.
Mattel really drop the ball when it comes to modern toys. Both a disappointment towards kids aimed toys and adult aimed toys.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping