ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 09:55 AM   #196
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

085-2
Disney Store Elite Series- Jyn Erso

I have praised Rogue One a few times already, but I have to say that it only gets better with time. Sure there are some issues, but overall it really works well as a Star Wars story and one that more fans can agree on then The Last Jedi. I have also praised the past Disney Elite Series figures, but unfortunately this particular figure falls short of expectation. It appears as though the line was dropped from the Disney Store so there's a chance that the original care and detail found in the initial releases was somewhat lost on this later release. That said I think her mediocrity is more so a fluke than anything as there is is still a level of detail and care that care outweighs what the retail (and certainly sale) price was.

Pros: Really well produced soft goods with a nice amount of articulation and accessories.

Cons: The women in this line come with ‘doll type’ hair and can look really good (Rey) or bad (Leia) and Jyn lies somewhere in the middle. Yes the hair style is reminiscent of her look in the middle, but is also vaguely represents me, as a greasy skid (re: Nirvana fan) in the 90’s. I also have nothing by contempt for her rifle. Sure it looks cool, but falls apart if you look at it wrong. I also hate how her hands make it impossible to hold anything and how her right eye is a bit derpy.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping