ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 12:49 PM   #478
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

273-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Drax

Given all the new details that have emerged from SDCC and D23 I thought I might be fun to give some thoughts on all the new announced projects. Check out review 267-2 for details about the new Disney plus shows.

Phase 4 New Movies

Endgame left some massive shows to fill and with the departure of Spiderman (don’t even get me started) Disney and Feige will have some work to do in keeping audiences engaged. The list for Phase 4 was short and a bit random if you ask me (I REALLY wanted a new X-Men movie), but they have done an amazing job in the past so I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Black Widow- First up and probably the most deserving of the bunch for a solo movie at this point. I know very little of this movie, except that it's a prequel (duh) and that ScarJo is in it (also duh) and I believe that Taskmaster is in it. Time will tell if they can pull it off, but it’s rare that prequels ever work out so fingers crossed.

The Eternals- NO DAMN CLUE. Seriously, I feel like I have some knowledge of comics and superheroes, but I have no idea who these people are. What are you playing at Marvel?

Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings- Again, not sure what Marvel is going for here, but in the interest of making all different genres of movies, a classic martial arts movie could be kind of cool. I also give them credit for linking back to the Ten Rings group who were established way back in Iron Man 3.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. My understanding is this will be a legit horror movie, which I’m not really into, but curious as to what will happen. Plus the inclusion of the multiverse is always a fun idea in my book; maybe THIS is how the X-Men will be included.

Thor: Love and Thunder- I’m a fan of the Lady Thor character and story line, so I remain cautiously optimistic of what may come from this 4th Thor movie.

Pros: The 4th and technically last of the GOTG team until the BAF is complete Drax was a fairly big surprise for me both on screen and in toy form. Little inside baseball on this Drax figure, I had originally passed on the GOTG figures when I first saw them at retail. 1. I was not fully into the Marvel Legends yet, and was baffled and put off by the $25 price tag. How times have changed. In any case I picked up Drax as well as a good portion of the wave on an impromptu trip to Phoenix to watch my son play in a soccer tournament. The schedule was fairly open and it allowed much time for toy hunting and I happened upon the entire GOTF wave at Target for $10 each; Even with the exchange it was a deal so I decided to bite and I’m glad I did as most of the figures, including Drax, rock. For real, he has a unique sculpt, great articulation and two blades that fit in to boot sheaths: can’t ask for much more on a Marvel Legend figure.

Cons: My only complaint would be that, aside from a new head sculpt, it looks that Hasbro all but re-used this sculpt for the GOTG Vol 20 figure. Would also have been nice to include another weapon, but seeing as daggers are Drax’s thing, this still works.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping