ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 10:12 AM   #723
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

441-2
DC Collectables- The New Adventures of Batman: Bane

Continuing my quest to re-watch all the DC Animated features to date and give some thoughts regarding 3 key touchpoints: Animation Style, Voice Acting & Story. These are really just rough notes as I watched the movie and might not make a whole lot of sense unless you have recently watched it. See 290-2, 303-2, 318-2, 331-2, 344-2, 358-2, 369-2, 371-2, 385-2, 399-2, 414-2 & 426-2 for my previous instalments.

Justice League: Doom 2012

Animation Style: I really like the overall look and style of the animation as it blends the Timm-Verse style from the various “Animated” series with a more realistic look that would see out of the comics.

Voice Acting: The Timm-verse similarities do not end with the animation as it seems that most of the voice actors reprise their roles for their respective characters, except for Nathen Fillion who reprised his role as Hal Jordan from the Emerald Knights GL movie. The rest of the VO cast is made up a lot of professional voice actors who you would know for a multitude of major media projects.

Story: Loosely based on the Tower of Babble Justice League story arc, Justice League: Doom pits a newly formed Legion of Doom, led by the immortal Vandal Savage, against the Justice League. With help from Batman’s stolen dossiers documenting each league member’s weakness as well as how to exploit them, the Legion effectively sidelines the hero’s to allow Savage time to enact his plan. Overall I really enjoy this movie. There is some fantastic action right from the jump, the initial fights with the Legion are really brutal to watch (especially Green Lanterns) and the finale that results in the JL actually saving the world together is enjoyable. Lastly the realization and different reactions from the League that Batman would actually have failsafe and contingency plans for each of the super heroes is amazing.

Pros: I’m still not sure how to feel about Bane. Not the toy per se, but the character in general. He has been popping up for years since his introduction in the 90’s and has been in a number of important comic arcs, cartoons and even big budget Hollywood movies, but I still find him a bit one sided. In any case, this version of Bane certainly gives him a fairly menacing look overall, which DC Collectables captures nicely. He also has decent articulation and a number of fists available for punching, grappling and/or breaking backs.

Cons: The stand continues to be a frustration for me. Additionally the peg on one of the fists broke off, which again makes me question the overall quality of these figures.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping