ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 02:09 PM   #726
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

443-2
Diamond Collectables- The Rocketeer

Sometimes I wonder how many of a particular character I’m willing to buy to fill out my collection and apparently for The Rocketeer the answer is “as many as they produce”. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not going after any of those trash Re-action Funko figures (cause I couldn’t find them), but for the most part I am a hungry consumer that is always looking for more. And who could blame me? The Rocketeer is a fantastic character from a super fun movie. If you don’t believe me then now is the time to check it out as it is currently on Disney Plus for your streaming pleasure. And while, for the most part, I’m never a fan of reboots, but I would certainly make an exception for The Rocketeer as I feel there is some potential with a movie or even mini-series. Now is the time Disney!

Pros: Way back in review 56 of volume 1, I opened the Funko Rocketeer and was pretty impressed with what they were able to pull off. Fast forward a few years to Diamonds attempt and, while I’m bummed out by it, it’s a bit of a letdown in comparison. Sure it has more accessories that help to change his look a bit and the little blue prints from the movie, but overall nothing really that exciting. That said, there is 1 really nice feature on this version that basically sells the figure: a really nice “blast effect” that looks amazing and doubles as a stand.

Cons: Look I get there are budgets involved with making toys and some things need to be cut in favor of other things, but the fact that Diamond included a fist molded to hold a gun and didn’t actually include a gun is basically inexcusable at this point. Yes it’s nice to have the removable flap on his overcoat, but not at the expenses of the thing that should be in there. I’m also noticing that Diamond has a tendency to include random molded hands that don’t make any sense; it happened on the Avatar figures too. Lastly the articulation is decent, but falls somewhat short of the previous iteration.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping