ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 12:56 PM   #1229
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

753-2
Mattel- Masters of the Universe Origins: Battle Cat

Ever since I can recall I have always loved the inclusion of animal sidekicks with my action figures. Generally speaking GI Joe was the toy line most known for it, with Snake Eyes and Timber being maybe the most popular, but there were a bunch of others that I loved too. There is just something really cool about a person and their animal companion fighting bad OR good guys. One of probably most iconic, outside of GI Joe, in 80’s cartoons pairings would be He-Man and Battle Cat and unlike most of those other pairings, Battle Cat has a real personality. Sure, most of the time it is as the overly freighted, scared cat: Cringer, but still a very cool and extremely powerful steed for He-Man as Battle Cat.

Pros: A nice updated version of previously static figure from the original series, Battle Cat has a nice all around sculpt, a decent amount of articulation, removable armour and He-Man looks great on the saddle. I also like that they gave him a movable jaw.

Cons: While I know it’s asking a lot for an updated retro figure, ball jointed hip joints would give him a lot more poseability. Also, and I’m not sure how this would be done, it would have been cool if out of the armor Battle Bat looked a bit more like Cringer.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping