ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 03:48 AM   #110
fjjr
Super Friend
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
2-036
Mattel- DC Multiverse: The Dark Knight Returns Armored Batman

Not since the Batman V. Superman figures have I disliked a figure this much. It sucks you guys, like real bad. Mattel should be absolutely embarrassed with their “efforts” and it is another example of how they are squandering the DC Licence.

The articulation is circa 2003 Mattel, but somehow even worse due to the armour. The accessory is a gun of some sort (to fight Superman) that doesn’t even manage to fit correctly in his hands. One good thing that I’ll say is Mattel deserves some props for releasing figures based on TDKR and this figure looks alright, but that's about it; This isn’t mother’s day and it’s not the thought that counts on this one. They have the ability, but they just need to try harder, especially if you are charging $30 a figure.

Pros: Looks like the his comic counterpart.

Cons: Everything else.
]
I think you're being a bit tough on this figure. I can see how you might be disappointed with it, but the articulation isn't 2003. It has basically the same scheme as a regular DC Universe Classics/Multiverse figure, except that instead of a swivel above the knee there is a swivel at the shins (which is a bit strange). Granted, some people might be tired of the standard DCUC body by now.
Personally, I like it, but I looked at it as a one-off figure that I wouldn't be integrating in with the rest of my DCUC figures, since it is larger. I expected the articulation to be hindered by the armor and size of the figure.
I have to agree about the gun, though. It is too small and it points off at a weird angle downward when held in the hand. That alone would probably be enough for some people to not buy the figure. The Hasbro ML Fantomex/Protector figures have the same irritating problem.
fjjr is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping