ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 11:15 AM   #1294
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

783-2
DC Collectables- Batman- The Animated Series: Clayface

I know that Harley Quinn was made specifically for the Animated series, but I wonder if any other villains were, or rather specifically if Clayface was. I doubt it given how many villains Batman has had throughout the years, but I have to wonder as I don?t think I know of him prior to his memorable appearances in The Animated series. I suppose that is typical given how much of an impact The Animated series had on pop culture in general. Yes, most of the big players, like the Joker, Catwoman and The Penguin were featured in movies and the 1966 Adam West show, but the cartoon gave us so much more, especially us non-comic readers, of the lesser known villains like The Ventriloquist, Firefly and of course Clayface. One last thing I will mention is that I think DC is missing a massive opportunity to hit a large audience by not making the Timm-verse animated series easily available on demand. There are so many good episodes and stories out there that new DC fans could sink their teeth into, but for some reason DC is hell bent on Blu-ray sales and live action garbage.

Pros: There is no real other way to say this except that Clayface has a lot of mass; he?s a beefy figure! The sculpt is pretty amazing nda captures his animated likeness pretty well. Also kudos to DC Collectables for going that extra mile with releasing him as a deluxe figure to allow for various unique arms attachments and two different head sculpts.

Cons: It?s somewhat apt that the character is made out of clay given the figure is a bit of a brick. Yes there are joints below the waist, but they are all basically useless given how limited they actually are and how top heavy he is. The included stand is also particularly useless given that it will not fit around him.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping