ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 09:55 PM   #426
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

240-2
Disney Toy Box- Disney Classics: Ralph

Rating of worst to best of the a the Pixar movies continued; see review 205-2, 219-2 & 231-2 for the previous instalments:

17. Brave- There is a chance that Brave should be higher on my list, but like the Good Dinosaur, I believe that I only watched it the one time and have not made the time to revisit it. It’s not like I do not like the Merida and feel that she is compelling character (I loves me a Bow wielding protagonist) as well as the charming, non-standard “Love Story” between her and her Mom, but I think maybe the ‘turning into a Bear” bit was done well enough in the Disney movie “Brother Bear”.

Pros: So Ralph is the first Toy Box figure that received a bit of a big figure to match his body type and overall he looks pretty great. The figure does well to capture Ralph’s goofy, but well meaning look and still maintain the Infinity aesthetic. Good amount of upper body articulations and comes with a plate of pancakes from the game in the latest movie.

Con: I feel that this issue will be systemic on all these larger figures, but the articulation on his legs is pretty limited. Sure, there is a full range of movement on the ankle joint including rockers, but the construction of the hips limit the articulation to the point that I wonder if the ankle joints are even needed. Additionally while I appreciate that there is an accessory included with every figure, I feel that there was a better choice for Ralph; I mean, he can barely even hold it.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping