ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 02:01 PM   #617
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

373-2
McFarlane Toys- Fortnite: Cuddle Team Leader.

Kudos to Mcfarlane for releasing a female body type in the first assortment of Fornite figures, something that their competitors took some time with. It's always surprising to me that even in this day and age that some toy companies shy away from production and release of female characters. Many male collectors, such as myself, want figures of their favorite female characters, but there are a whole lot of female collectors, gamers and fans that would love something different than another Barbie doll. Thankfully this thread has turned around in recent years what with many companies filling lines with all our favorite characters regardless of their sex. Now if someone could get cracking on a Legends of Korra line that would be great.

Pros: I have absolutely no reference for Fortnite characters and still do not play the game, but CTL seems like a perfect example for what it is all about: pure insane silliness, which I suppose is part of the charm and something that I have come to appreciate of the various Fortnite releases. Macfarlane has predictably does a fantastic job with the female form sculpt and did well to capture all the little furry details of her suit, while also providing a good amount of articulation. She comes with two weapons that could not be more different in tone: An very serious and realistic looking Automatic rifle and a whimsical unicorn head pick; well done designer, well done.

Cons: While I appreciate the McFarlane articulation scheme, I just feel that those ankle ball joints need some work. Outside of that, CTL is rather top heavy which puts a lot of strain on those unfortunate ankle joints.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping