ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 01:07 PM   #650
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

396-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Dormammu

So I thought it would be fun practice to run down each figure that was part of the completed BAF to see how the wave was as a whole.
1. Astral Projection Dr. Strange. A really cool figure on paper, but was not really excited very well. Would have been better with a cape and/or magical effects.
2. Comic Dr. Strange. A slight upgrade from the Hulkbuster BAF Strange with some sculpt changes and a really nice comic accurate cape.
3. Brother Voodoo. I love this figure for how detailed and interesting it is. Would love to see more of this character and is one of the stand outs of this wave.
4. Karl Mordo. Nice to have this character from the movie, but there were at least 4 other characters from the movie that I would have preferred.
5. Movie Dr. Strange. Basically a colored version of the Astral Projection figure, but with a cape and magic effects. Continues to be the best MCU version of this character to date.
6. Enchantress. A nice head sculpt, but doesn’t make up for a rather boring figure that cannot stand and with the same old recycled magic effects.
7. Nico. Like Brother Voodoo Nico is a gem in this wave that really makes me want to uncover more about her.
8. Iron Fist. Solid figure with awesome accessories and effects. Well worth the duplicate character.

Pros: I love Dormammu for his sheer size and really showcases the benefits of Hasbro’s BAF practice as there would be little chance of him getting a solo release. Outside of his size, he has fantastic head sculpt and body design that captures his look from the comics.

Cons: It is beyond annoying how all this work went in to sculpting a beast of a figure, with multiple included points of LEG articulation, just to have it immobilized due to a hard plastic skirt that ruins any chances for a dynamic pose; so frustrating. Also, I’m not sure what the point of the flaming heads is? He can’t really hold them and they don’t really go anywhere, so what is the point?

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping