View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 02:52 PM   #234
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Haslab Projects General Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
I guess this means RIP Joe vehicles at retail. People are willing to pay $300 after tax and $370 CAD for a sky striker that could sell at retail, so why bother Doing anymore vehicles at retail? Congrats to those that wanted it and got it but I feel like there will be consequences like the kind I mentioned above

Pretty much.

3.75" has been stuck as exclusives (Store, con, online) for most of the last decade.

The Snake Eyes movie was the chance to change the script, but it tanked. So now the toys will sit until clearance. Toy Guru, who I know is divisive and arrogant, has a good video on why clearance is bad for a toyline.

Walmart was the only one willing to carry 3.75 recently and now it would appear that Hasbro is going in house since the new O-ring isn't being offered anywhere but Pulse.

If someone was willing to take it on Hasbro would have done so because they can move a lot more product just through Walmart, not to mention all the other big retailers worldwide. However it seems like this was something that wasn't going to happen.

Also I think people are overestimating how much cheaper a Skystriker would be at retail. Right now big vehicles in the, roughly, same size as the Skystriker are ranging from $100-$150(US). Which I don't get since some of the 6" BS vehicles come in around the same price.

Anyway, I really don't think the Skystriker would have been less than $100(US), and it would have just been the plane, Ace and weapons most likely. Then of course it would have sat, like the 2011 version, and been clearanced. So from a retailer perspective why bother?

For Hasbro it is the same thought? Why bother when we can charge more and eliminate risk? At least with the Haslab there is an attempt to offer more value for the higher price. Whether or not you agree with it is fine. I paid and I still think it is overpriced, but with all the extras and the 7 figures it becomes a bit more appealing.

Also the Haslab doesn't eliminate vehicles from being released at retail, just look at SW. The Barge and Razor Crest didn't stop them from producing vehicles for retail.

The problem here is who is taking Joe vehicles right now? No one apparently since Walmart is done.

Now it falls on Hasbro to try and get Joe back to a level that retail will take a risk on 3.75. Classified is fine for now so that helps, but new media is needed to try and get interest up enough to warrant another wide retail release. Hopefully the rumoured new animated show will do that.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping