ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 09:17 AM   #3
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight
Re: Dark Times Ahead

It's been a long time coming. Online sales are killing brick and mortar stores. Its unfortunate but it is the reality that we are living in. Online shopping has become so convenient, it beats running around to 10 different stores wasting gas and time looking for figures that 9 times out of 10 aren't in stock.

As for other stores picking up the slack with toys and collectibles; I only really see Wal-Mart increasing their inventory on these kind of products. Best Buy will probably be the next chain you see closing their doors, I feel like every time I go to a Best Buy the inventory levels seem to be decreasing. The odd time you actually find what you are looking for there, the first thing you do is pull out the phone and start searching for a better price so they will match it.

With minimum wage increasing to $15/HR in Ontario, you can already see the writing on the walls in many retail stores and fast food chains, with far less employees on duty compared to say 2 years ago...Been to a McDonalds lately? The days of 6 or 7 tills being open to take your order are gone and have almost all but been replaced with giant iPads where you pretty much serve yourself with little to no human interaction.

SkyNet, folks...SkyNet.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping