Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 12:57 PM   #8
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight
Re: Dark Times Ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylerGrn View Post
its actually a fact most stores have had to hire more staff when putting in self service systems - honestly look it up, Mcdonalds alone had to hire roughly 7500 employees canada wide

i can only imagine what it did to wal mart -
minimum wage beig 15$ makes sense since it hasnt increased with inflation for how long?
Service has only gotten slower at McD's since the self service terminals have been installed so I don't know where the extra employees are hiding. As of 2014 they had 1400 stores in Canada (including Wal-Mart locations), so that's only 5.35 new hires per store based on stats from nearly 4 years ago. Could the newly hired 7500 people be due to almost all stand alone franchises being open for 24hrs a day now plus all the new locations that have probably opened since? I'm sure McDonalds is smudging some facts regarding creating 7500 jobs to make for a heart felt PR campaign of "McDonalds loves Canada so much we just created 7500 jobs!". Of those jobs how many of them are full time positions vs part time/student jobs? How many people did the company lay off last year? How many people quit the company per year? How many of those jobs are beyond store level and actually with head office or IT support? McDonalds is a straight up evil corporation that masks that image with a smiling clown lol.

$15/hr as a new minimum wage is great in theory but its going to cause a lot of problems as other employees with more seniority/responsibilities won't reap the benefits of an additional $3 an hour on top of what they currently make on an hourly basis.

...but this is about TRU and 7.5 billion dollars is a lot of cheddar they are trying to dodge paying out. I really can't see them being open past the holiday season.

only an opinion here, not trying to start any wars...long day at work haha.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping