Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 02:42 PM   #10
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight
Re: Dark Times Ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobralegion View Post
I agree with you on the McDonald's stuff. There's no way they eliminated all but one till and hired more staff.
But on minimum wage though. Businesses complaining are the same ones that have no problem paying employees the lowest they can. In the end they will just raise prices so they can keep making their huge salaries and most likely use this as an excuse to lay people off and keep others at the new minimum for longer.
I live in Alberta and its funny how many people are complaining about the hike here yet have no problem with rig workers making 100k+. Most of my family works in the oil field and some complain about people making $15 yet would never take a pay cut so we could have lower gas prices lol.
Yeah no way Ronald eliminated 6 cash registers per store and somehow increased man power per store.

With regards to the minimum wage hike to $15/HR: Do we not think that there will be a drastic inflation on the cost of goods everywhere as a result? Its insane to think that everyone will be making a minimum of $15 an hour and yet the cost of a loaf of bread will remain the same. Prices will rise on everything from chewing gum, to action figures, to cars and homes. My salary will remain the same and the guys I work with that have 1/8th of the responsibilities that I have (bless their hearts, I love 'em) will be creeping up on me with regards to salary...and if I complain I will basically be told where the door is if I want to leave. It's a double edged sword really, people will make more and the cost of living will go up...my comfortable living will change to more of a struggle and as a result my spending habits will change. Gone will be my days of picking up a wave of Marvel Legends on a whim when I see them in a store LOL
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping