Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 04:38 AM   #46
Thesav1979
Red Shirt
Re: The Clone Wars: Season 5 Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
Barring that, have some GOOD adventures featuring Obi and Anakin side-by-side, so that we continue to get a good idea of their working relationship, they seemed to have dropped that totally this season and put too much focus on incidental characters. I almost think that's done to introduce new characters that Hasbro can then sell action figures of (if of course, Hasbro hadn't more or less trimmed the CW line down so substantially).
I'm sure that is what they are doing too. With that said, it's not like Anakin is written anything like he is played in the movies or anything. He might as well be a new character. Sure, every now and then we see glimpses of his dark side, but the character never seems to be developing anywhere. And why is his voice NOTHING like how it should be? I don't know but the show has a lot of problems.

Quote:
And I can't believe the day would come when Darth Maul officially would come back ...and I'd be bored silly. It seems without Sidious, Maul really is just a glorified thug incapable of doing anything substantial beyond just killing 24-7. I was hoping for more character development than what we've seen so far. Perhaps as with Boba Fett, less is more.
The problem is that Darth Maul doesn't have much of a character and with the way the show's stories are big on mindless (and mostly inconsequential) action, and light on substance, it's little wonder why Darth Maul hasn't been developed and is boring.
Thesav1979 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping