ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 01:32 PM   #512
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

307-2
Playmates / Spinmater- Classic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Leonardo

Has everyone seen the TMNT episode of the “Toys That Made Us” on Netflix? If not, do yourself a favor and check it out. Not only is there some amazing information about the rise of the brand and toy line, it really provides some much needed perspective on how silly little ideas can turn into massive franchises. As a pop culture enthusiast I often get wrapped up on the newest, biggest thing, but forget that for every Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker, or Avengers Endgame, there are 40 independent creators, who could be two budding artists/friends working out of their living room, that are literally creating the next big thing.

Pros: It’s a re-release of the figure that I always wanted and never got so of course I love it. Decnet articulation for the tile, lots of accessories and the ability to hold his Katana blades on his back is always a welcome addition for me.

Cons: It's a bit basic by modern standards, but I can’t really hold that against it given that it was a re-releases. I also don’t recall the weapons being so flimsy.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping