ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-27-2021, 04:08 PM   #1202
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

740-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Klaw and Shuri

It?s not very often that I can recall the exact time that I bought a toy, but sometimes it just happens that way. Take as an example this Toys R Us 2 pack. This was released in conjunction with the super popular Black Panther movie as an exclusive to Toys R Us and was very high on my wish list. That said, exclusives, even Toys R Us ones, were never a given at Canadian Toys R Us locations so I was happy to have seen in on the shelves of a Toys R Us location while on vacation in Phoenix, AZ for my Son?s soccer tournament. Little did I know, this would be my last time stepping in to a Toys R Us south of the border. See, this purchase was made in February 2018 and TRU filed for bankruptcy March 2018. I?m not sure how long that TRU location stayed open, but seeing as all the locations closed by July, I would imagine that it did not last long. And while I?m still happy that my local TRU seems to be doing well, there is something sad about TRU closing in the US. You see, I?ve been lucky enough to travel and with that comes trips to all sorts of toy sections hoping to find something new and often times that brought me to various Toys R Us locations. Early on it was a literal cornucopia of riches with a huge selection of G.I. Joe Sigma Six figures (story forthcoming), but in the later years, decent figures were harder to find; especially as compared to Target, Wal-Mart and Walgreens. In any case, I will never forget my trips to New York and subsequent visits to the epic Times Square Toys R Us and am sad that it?s a thing of the past. For those interested the YouTube Channel ?Defunctland? did an amazing retrospective on the NYC TRU that I?m sure will bring back memories for some.

You can watch it here:

https://youtu.be/cbH8qX12Glo

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping