ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 11:49 AM   #4
jourdo
Red Shirt
jourdo's Ebay Auctions
Re: Do you have toy buying "ethics"?

For me, it all basically boils down to price. I am not going to buy something from someone if the price is unreasonably high. The basic rules of supply and demand come into effect. If the item is priced right, it will move. If not, they will have to sit on it or drop their price.

I do shop retail for the most part, unless it is something I cannot wait for... which happens every now and again. When I do shop online, I do not expect to see retail prices there. They do not have the same buying power as the big boys, so I know their base costs are higher.

I also tend not to buy doubles, unless it appears to be something that people are having trouble finding. Then I will pick it up for someone else on the boards. If no one wants it, back to the shelf it goes. I was buying extras for kitbashing a while back, but my procrastination problem has stopped me from doing that now.

To make a long winded post short, and answer the original question... If the price is right, I'll buy it. Does that mean I have no ethics?
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping