Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 11:08 PM   #7
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe
Re: Comics / Graphic novels hauls thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent4life View Post
^^I'm interested in the H'EL on Earth storyline that's why I picked it up...will see how that goes. I know next month is going to be a big month with all the new #1s from the Marvel Universe.

And nice pick up on the graphic novels. I haven't read The Cult as yet
Thanks for the reminder about the Marvel Now stuff! I forgot about them. Man, hope it isn't too late to place orders for those Marvel Now #1 blank variant sketch covers. Yes, I like blank covers. They come in handy at comic conventions.

Anybody know if DC comics discontinued their We Can Be Heroes blank variant covers for their comics? Only saw solicitations for Batman, Green Lantern, and Swamp Thing and nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
I usually prefer to shop in store because I love comic book shops, I love rifling through the stuff and I love the feeling I get from walking out with a handful of comics. But I'm also on a strict budget that has been halved since a baby is coming. So I try to do 2/3 of my shopping in store, and the final 1/3 at Amazon.

They also offer free shipping over $25. It's a reality I can't pass up if I want to stay collecting. The local store I support most is probably Metropolis Comics and Toys which is also a sponsor here. Their graphic novels are charged US cover price, and they have a frequent buyer card where for eatch item you buy in store over $10 you get a stamp and 10 stamps gets you $10 off your next purchase. Like everything in life, I try to find some sort of balance.

But yeah, very tough to compete with Amazon. But it's the same story with any small business trying to compete with big box stores.
I agree! I like to walk into a comic store and be able to browse through their comic selection as well. It brings back old memories from my childhood.

Yeah, that $10 off card comes in handy especially if you have a few saved up.

Last edited by Toy Gremlin; 10-25-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Toy Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping