ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 11:40 AM   #581
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

347-2
Disney Toy Box- Disney Classics: Moana

Rating of worst to best of the a the Pixar movies continued; see review 205-2, 219-2, 231-2, 240-2, 264-2, 270-2, 285-2, 292-2, 297-2, 303-2, 313-2, 320-2, 325-2, 333-2 & 341 for the previous instalments:

5. Cars.

There is something about Cars that I will always love. I have no doubt that a lot of my enjoyment is nostalgic based given that I have a lot of happy memories around the time that it came out, but I also look at it as a bit of a guilty pleasure. I realize that it’s derivative of other older “race car’ movies, I understand that the characters are a bit stereotypical and I certainly get that a universe of cars without people makes zero sense, but nevertheless I like it. Hell I don't even care for NASCAR or racing in general, but apparently I like racing movies. Honestly, I think what did it for me was when Lightning and Sally were going for a drive up the mountain side. It's a sweet little moment in the movie where they start falling for each other and Lightning learns to slow down and enjoy the little things in life. It is also BEAUTIFULLY animated and has an extremely memorable score and showcased what Pixar was able to accomplish in these “simple” cartoons.

Pros: I love the movie Moana and was excited to get an articulated figure of her. She has a nice sculpt complete with her water amulet necklace thing and comes with an oar of some sort; no doubt to paddle through the oceans with her demi-god friend Maui.

Cons: I’m not even going to sugar coat it; this figure is not good and would have been better as a statue. For starters, you can’t move her head because of the hard plastic hair. Also all the lower body articulation is hindered because of the stupid hard plastic skirt. She can’t hold onto her accessory, which by the way also doesn’t make sense (should have been a water effect) and she can’t stand up property because she is too top heavy (big hair) without being able to spread her legs out enough. Not sure what happened with this one, but Toy Box dropped the ball and this figure is frustrating as hell.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping