Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 08:06 AM   #7
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe
Re: Toys"R"Us Exclusive Marvel Legends Groot Released in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I was kind of surprise to see this. But this is probably a one off thing and I certainly hope so.
I am not a fan of rereleases like this and how it hurt collecting.
In this case, a new headsculpt and new accessories sort of makes it worthwhile and completes the vol.2 team.
Huh? How does it hurt collecting?

If anything this re-release gives people who didn't get the BAF a chance to have a full Groot.

And it won't be ending. The Rhino BAF will be re-released as a Wal-Mart exclusive before the end of the year and I'm happy with that. Having these BAFs as exclusives to be re-released is perfect since then it's not taking up a spot in a new wave. Also Groot has a brand new paint job from head to toe, new head sculpt and two small Groots in his other forms. So it isn't just a simple rehash either. Sure for people who have the BAF already it isn't worth it but for those who never got or completed Groot they added more to it than just a simple re-pack.

I rarely ever buy full waves as there is usually only 3-4 characters I actually want in a wave, so releasing the BAFs later on is a wonderful idea.

Last edited by Darth Cosmos; 05-07-2017 at 08:30 AM.
Darth Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping