ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 05:54 PM   #651
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

397-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Hobgoblin.

As I started with Dormommu, I’m going to go through the various highs and lows of the figures that made up the wave and provided pieces to build Hobgoblin.

1. Pizza Spiderman: Often touted as the best Marvel Legends Spiderman figure todate and I really cannot disagree. THe Pizza slice and half masked head really make this figure standout though.
2. Anti Venom: Overall a cool looking figure of an interesting character, but is a little light on accessories.
3. Spiderman 2099: One of my first Marvel Legends figures (review 61 of volume 1) and I still think he holds up as one of my favorites. Call me a sucker for the 90s though.
4&5. Spider-girl and Spider-woman: Unfortunately I was unable to find either one for a reasonable price and just picked up loose BAF parts. Both look to be meh.
6. Daredevil- I really didn’t expect to like this figure as much as I did. Given all the upcoming DD’s figures I have, it will be interesting how they stack up.

Pros: Quick story on Hobgoblin, A few years ago I bought what I thought was a COMPLETE BAF Hobgoblin figure off Ebay. Given some of the prices of the individual figures I thought this would be a cheaper alternative to a BAF that I wanted in my collection. When I received it, it did not take long to see that I had been duped, but in the strangest way possible. First of all, it was not complete and missing the Flame Sword (not a big deal as I had it from Spiderman 2099) and the pumpkin bomb (a bigger deal as I did not have it). When I looked back at the listing these items were not in the pictures, but when it says complete, it should be complete. But that was not the strange thing: for whatever reason, the seller had super glued all the elbow and knee joints so they would not move…They weren’t broken, seamling loose, or even in a cool pose, they were just glued standing straight up and down. What insane person does that? Anyway, I got my money back and got to keep the figure (as the guy didn’t want to pay shipping) and was able to track down the rest of the pieces over time. Overall I’m not sure that he was really worth all that extra work, but he is a rather imposing figure on the shelf.

Cons: Leg posability hindered by the tunic and I feel like he should have come with a glider. He also has a hard time holding his flaming sword.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping