ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 01:10 PM   #652
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

398-2
Hasbro- GI Joe Sigma Six: Heavy Duty.

I’m continuing to review each episode of the short lived G.I. Joe Renegades show; see review 275-2, 302-2, 330-2, 357-2 & 384 for previous thoughts.

EP 5: The Package
Basic Premise (from Wikipedia): The Baroness contacts mercenary, Major Bludd, to track down and assassinate a target—-a former Cobra employee turned internet blogger-—who they believed stole one of their data scanners, only to learn he's under the Joes' protection.

Thoughts: Another mixed bag for me. Unlike the last episode, The Package connected to and built on the bigger storyline which was good, but it felt a bit weak in terms of overall story telling. Maybe I’m asking too much of a kids cartoon, but I thought that Renegades was supposed to be for a slightly older crowd. I will give credit for including Major Bludd (one of my favorite Cobra characters) But again wonder why they didn’t introduce him with the eyepatch and bionic arm. Maybe they thought they could develop him more overtime? But with such a deep roster of potential Joe and Cobras to include, I’m not sure that drawing them out is such a great idea. That said, the same could be said for Breaker who was also introduced as an English College student/ computer whiz and it didn’t bother me nearly as much.

Pros: I’ve been looking forward to opening up this version of Heavy Duty ever since I opened up the first version of Heavy Duty and I’ll be honest, the big guy does not disappoint. Let's go through it: Massive sized figure for the price (Retail was $24.99 Canadian), a great amount of articulation for the time that this was released, soft goods that look normal, a massive flamethrower weapon with multiple attachments that can can be wound up and spun, a gas tank back pack and multiple hoses, attachments and a removable gas mask. Did I mention that this was only 24.99? Such a great figure.

Cons: Some additional articulation would really have gone a long way on these figures, but it's not really fair to compare these figures to current standards.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping