ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 01:07 PM   #656
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

400-2
Hasbro- Transformers- Reveal the Shield: Grapple.

Wow, 400 reviews Well technically 530 if you count Volume 1, plus a few retro figure reviews, but I digress: it’s still quite the benchmark if I do not say so myself. Too bad I picked Revival the Shield Grapple to celebrate. I often wonder how many people are actually reading these reviews and wonder if some might even be getting enjoyment out of them despite my ramblings, poor grammar and average pictures. That said, I am happy to share, I mean, that is why I post them, but I started this review thread to get more out of all these figures that I have been buying. For me, there is enjoyment in opening the figures up (especially the ones that I bought years ago), again when I fiddle with them to take pictures and put them on the shelf and finally when I review them. Is it a good use of time? Hard to say, but it’s really the only thing I do in my spare time, so I suppose it could always be worse? So you can look forward to some more Transformers, A lot of Marvel Legends, and the odd new thing that catches my fancy in the toy world (and there is a lot of that now-a-days)

Pros: I’m not going to bury the lead on this one… RTS Grapple is a poor representation of the character and a very mediocre Transformers figure. However, credit where credit is due, the vehicle has a nice overall look and I appreciate the clear plastic windshield that shows a molded cab interior.

Cons: Why is this even Grapple? Aside from his coloring and his hook he looks nothing like his G1 counterpart. Outside of that the transformation is really basic, even for me, and the robot mode is a floppy mess. Also what is with the friggin boom/hook attachment on his arm. Like is that his weapon? An unwieldy 20 ft pool with a hook on the end? At least give him a gun of some sort.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping