ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 09:37 AM   #234
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

115-2
Hasbro- Star Wars Black Series: R2D2

Last year when the Black Series “classic carded” figures were released I was feverishly trying to track down the elusive R2D2. As one of the original trilogy figures I had expected him to be a hot item item and was annoyed when it seemed that I would be out of luck, so imagine my surprise and delight when I was going through my figure storage and found that I already had him; funny how things work out like that.

I always feel as though these smaller 6” figures are a bit of a rip off given the size difference, but I will hand it to Hasbro for packing a good amount into him; short of including a little Kenny Baker, this R2 has pretty well every accessory that we know and love from the movies. Periscope camera for swimming in Dagobah? Check! Universal port used to communicate with hyperdrives? Yuppers! Jedi lightsaber cannon? 10-4 good buddy. Heck, for those prequel apologists he even has the mysterious side leg rockets for flaming oil attack! Who doesn't love that? My only complaint is that his retractable third leg is tied to a mechanism requires you to spin his head and sometime the height of the leg doesn't line up with his head facing the correct way. Yes you can fiddle with it a bit, but I feel like I will end up snapping the plastic on the inside.

Pros: lots of accessories, good range of motion considering the size.

Cons: There is no place to store all the unused accessories and some of them are really small so there is a very high chance of loosing something.

Gratuitous action flying shot

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping