ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 10:42 AM   #238
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

118-2
DC Collectibles- DC Icons: Lex Luthor

Every time that I open a new Icons figure I have the following 3 thoughts: 1. They really are much shorter than what I have become used to with the Marvel Legends. 2. These are fantastic figures with almost perfect articulation, save one pesky thigh joint. 3. DC Collectables certainly had killed this line with an extremely odd release order. Sure, Luthor is perhaps one of the best known DC super villains and definitely has a place in a comic based toy line, but to be released before Superman? Really?

Not being totally familiar with the Luthor’s comic history I’m not sure what this suit is all about however I assume it emulates some super powers making it capable for him to stand toe to toe with Superman, but that’s really about it. And while I appreciate the accessories, I have even less understanding what they are for. Maybe an energy shield and some type of weather sceptre? Ah well, I guess it will just be a mystery as I really do not have the time to care right now.

Pros: Fantastic sculpt with a nice selection of accessories and okay amount of accessories.

Cons: Like the other Icons he a little on the “short” side and has no thigh swivel. Also, and this could be just my figure, but the legs are pretty loose which is a pet peeve of mine.

Even Luthor can't figure it out.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping