ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-04-2022, 01:09 PM   #1211
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

746-2
Hasbro- Transformers R.E.D.: Bumblebee

I read a rather funny post on one of the many Transformers Fan Facebook groups that I am a part of. The basic gist was given that Bumblebee is the current brand ambassador for the Transformers, why was he shut out of Beast Wars, Beast Machines and the Unicron Trilogy. I suppose this is a fair question given that BB is quite literally everywhere these days, but its funny given that a question like this could really only be asked by a newer fan given that us old fans remember a time when Bumblebee was A) a supporting character or B) not even part of the series. I mean sure, Beast Wars had their own version of Bumblebee in Cheetor and the Unicron Trilogy had Hot Shot, but these are both unique characters and actually had some decent character development over the course of their series. I think I?ve made mention of this in previous reviews, but I?m really getting bored with Hasbro?s direction for the Transformers and Bumblebee is a perfect example of the issue. I get that he?s appealing to kids, the target demographic, but he was never intended to be the main character or have the series revolve around his story. That said, it seems that they are pulling back a bit with the recent Netflix series and ?beast? based movie forthcoming.

Pros: A Transformer that doesn?t Transform should be a non-starter, but what can I say, I love action figures and that?s what these guys are. A good solid sculpt that matches the G1 model, a good amount of articulation that allows for a nice amount of poseability, a few extra hands, a blaster and two different blast effects.

Cons: I suppose this could be considered a PRO, but I also find it perplexing. The design includes a removable chest panel (the top of the vehicle) and the only reason why that I can see is to allow space for the ab crunch. Again, this is good to allow for the added poseability, but bad as the panel is floating and only attaches with a small peg. Also, the hands are somewhat loose in the arm.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping