ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-07-2022, 03:05 PM   #1218
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

749-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Shocker

Rivalled only by the X-Men, I feel like Spiderman really had some of the best rouge?s gallery of villains. Perhaps this has more to do with the fact that I am just more familiar with them given the multiple cartoon iteration that I grew up with, but the point still stands most are actually pretty great. That said, some are not so great and I think Shocker might be a part of that crew. First off the name hasn?t held up all that well (if you, you know), the ?powers? are kind of lame and that suit is something else. I suppose it?s important for Spiderman to have some easy guys to web up and I appreciated that he was featured in the first MCU Spiderman movie, but I?m glad he was not the main bad.

I also want to include probably the craziest moment in 90?s cartoon history where Spiderman promises to chase down The Shocker in The Animated Series. Again, if you?ve seen this, you know how crazy it really is.

https://youtu.be/TWRjsqoSWTI

Pure art if you ask 14 year old me.

Pros: Surprisingly enough, Shocker is a pretty great figure. I?m particularly impressed with character extras on both the forearms and knees. Articulation is great that allows for a good amount of poses and I appreciate the included blast effects.

Cons: Outside of the extra details, the mold is a pretty standard repaint. Also, what part of SCHOCKER screams bubbly magic effects?

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping