ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 07:27 PM   #1220
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

750-2
Hasbro- Transformers Generations: Tankor

I love Beast Machines and while it hasn?t held up particularly well, I will give it credit for getting me back into Transformers. I mean, I assume that after seeing RID, I would eventually find my way given that it was the ?Machines? part of the show that did it for me and it has basically been ?machines? ever since, but I?m glad that I got into it when I did because it lead me to its predecessor, a series that I ineptly passed on because I was stupid, Beast Wars. That said, there were some high points. Firstly: it was different and seeing how everything is now the same (ie. Red Truck vs. Grey Tank) it was an early breath of fresh air. Secondly: I liked the characters and loved both their unique look and thirdly: I loved their mature characterizations. We saw character development from Cheetor, self doubt from Optimus, PTSD from Silverbolt and a crisis of conscience from Tankor, who was Rynox: pretty cool stuff.

Pros: Being a major Beast Machines fan I was extremely excited at the opportunity to pick up a much needed update of Tankor so full disclosure I?m not going to be very impartial. I loved the overall look and design of Tankor and appreciate that they captured the Beast Machines Aesthetic. Articulation works well enough and the transformation is simple, yet fun.

Cons: So here?s the thing: Hasbro had a great opportunity to make an incredible figure and if I?m being honest they kind of dropped the ball. There are a lot of good things, but it also feels extremely basic.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping