ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 11:50 AM   #624
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Gonna respond to this comment over here. Just don't want to bog the sightings thread with too much discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post
LMAO

Buddy, I've been taking it from Hasbro for too long now...they don't even whisper sweet nothings in my ear anymore.

I wont stop buying completely, but I am officially part of the "pick and choose" scene now. We got skipped on new black series waves (Anakin/Yoda/Hux) and also got shafted on the last Marvel Legends Spiderman wave...because no one in Canada would buy a new Venom or Spider Gwen, right?

I've officially had it. Skipped waves, double dipping (Chewy/too many iron mans/captain americas etc), US exclusives not available in Canada, questionable character selections, some of the worst distrobution in the business (resulting in far too much hunting/time and gas wasted/or completely caving and buying from scalpers). The list goes on, and on, and on, and on...

I feel your pain man. I have wasted so much time and gas on hunting these down. But what is the alternative?

I have been preordering full waves from websites so I don't miss out. It costs me about $40 for each figure but I don't know what else to do to secure new figures.

The demand is so high cause the people buying these are old farts like me that grew up in the 80's. We have jobs and the expendable cash now to fill in those gaps in our childhood. The nostalgia factor is huge with this line. I compare it to the Masterpiece Transformers line. I have a certain amount of money I am willing to spend on Star Wars, so I want the best bang for the buck. The Black Series and Masterpiece TF lines are the best representation to the source material in my acceptable price range. Hot Toys, Mafex, Figuarts are just too much to for me to collect consistently.

I for one will not miss any future waves, cause buying older waves is insanely expensive. So might as well get my Vaseline ready lol.

Last edited by MULTIPLEX; 02-19-2016 at 11:59 AM.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping