ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 05:07 PM   #481
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

274-2
Hasbro- Transformers- Combiner Wars: Offroad

Rating of worst to best of the Transformers movies continued; see review 208-2, 213-2, 217-2, 223-2, 226-2, 230-2, 234-2, 239-2, 243-2, 246-2, 249-2, 252-2, 257-2, 260-2, 264-2, 268-2, 269-2 & 271-2 for previous instalments:

Transformers Movie Rating #2: Bumblebee

The Ugly: For the most part Bumblebee steers clear of the “ugly” issues that I have noted from the other Transformers, but still have some things that I could do without. Firstly, why are the mean girls so mean? I get that you need to make Charlie an outcast and teenagers can be jerks, but bringing up a dead Dad repeatedly makes no sense. My other issue is around the whole “diving” subplot and feel that it could have been removed entirely from the story as it serves little purpose to Charlie's character development. Yes she gave up on it when her Father died, but does this mean that she will have the courage to dive once again after this adventure? Honestly I don’t think it matters as a better storyline would be Charlily actually finishing up the old car that she worked on with her dad as that is what this entire movie was predicated on, but I guess they needed some silly big dicing scene at the climax to should here overall growth..

Pros: Like other Combiner Wars sets the Stunticons have a redesigned member that differs from the original G1 set and unlike the others (Blast Off and Blades from Bruticus and Superion respectively) I feel that Offroad is actually a decent new addition and seemingly not a repaint or repurposed mould of another random limb. I suppose if you were a big fan of Wildrider you might be a touch bummed out that there was no updated version but it’s it clear that Offroad has substantially similar design elements, so perhaps that softens the blow? Outside of that the figure looks great in both modes, has a good amount of articulation and a really nice head sculpt.

Cons: Obviously the biggest issue it that this is decidedly not Wildrider, but as mentioned, I'm not terribly bothered by it. Also, as with the other Stunticons, he also comes with the hybrid melee weapon / gun that looks a bit goofy and I feel that one or the other would have been more favorable.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping