ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 05:41 PM   #561
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

330-2
Hasbro-G.I. Joe Renegades- Firefly

I’m continuing to review each episode of the short lived G.I. Joe Renegades show; see review 275-2 and 302-2 for previous thoughts.

EP - 2: Descent Part 2: Basic premise: A continuation to set the table for the storyline of this series. Cobra frames the Joes for blowing up the Cobra facility, the Military get involved to help apprehend the **AHEM* RENEGADE Joes and the nearby town are under threat from one of Mindbender’s BioVipers that escaped in the blast. The Joes save the day and manage an escape from both the Military and Cobra solidifying their “A-Team” like status.

Thoughts: I like the Baroness and appreciate her involvement in the series. I really hate Mindbender, however the BioViper story is decent. Tunnel Rat’s eulogy for Ripcord was surprisingly funny. Involvement of Mars weapons should mean a Destro connection right? I totally forgot that Flint was in this series. It’s like a frickin horror show with how these BioVipers suck the energy out of living things and I like how they figured it out how to defeat the threat. An interesting connection between Duke and Flint that reminds me of Starship Troopers in a way. Nice revival of Cobra Commander

Pros: It’s funny how I have recently latched on to the Fortnite Havok figure for looking so much like Firefly, but open an actual G.I. Joe Firefly that looks nothing like his original or homaged self. That said, I am really digging the new look that has been based on the Renagas animation model. Additionally he comes with a number of usable accessories, including a machete that can be stored in a sheath and multiple other guns. Articulation is fairly standard and of course comes with a typical GI Joe stand.

Cons: While the figure itself is fairly solid the accessories are a bit of a hodgepodge that make me scratch my head some. The noted machete and guns work, but he also comes with a random cell phone and a literal missile shaped. Not a bomb that would be used for espionage, not a bomb that would be attached to the wing of a jet or even a bomb that Batman would try to get rid of. It looks like a bomb that someone would find in a random field and call the authorities to take care of it. I mean, did they not have anything better to include???

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping