ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 10:10 AM   #564
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

333-2
Disney Toybox- Pixar: Bullseye

Rating of worst to best of the a the Pixar movies continued; see review 205-2, 219-2, 231-2, 240-2, 264-2, 270-2, 285-2, 292-2, 297-2, 303-2, 313-2, 320-2 & 325-2 for the previous instalments:

7. Toy Story

The first full length Pixar movie that pushed the limits of 3D animation technology and amazing storytelling that still impacts moviegoers to this day. It is really quite tremendous the effect that this one movie had, and continues to have, on pop culture. I mean can you even picture a world without Toy Story and Pixar in general? Firsty you have the impact of the 4 blockbuster movies that a generation of kids literally grew up on, secondly all the toys and merchandise that has
become synonymous with all major franchises and lastly, as a Disney fan, the seemingly perfect integration of Pixar to the Disney portfolio making people forget that they were never always the same company. Outside of all that praise, the story is beyond imaginative and full of heart proving early on that not all cartoons are for kids. Though, through a current lens the animation is a bit rudimentary, it is still very enjoyable to watch and does not take away from the overall film. Toy Story also has the privilege of being the first VHS movie that I owned that came with either a special animation cell or poster as part of the Disney Store promotion.

Pros: When Bullseye was first released it was as part of a 5 pack of Toy Story figures and I WAS PISSED as I already had the other four and was sure that they would have never re-packed him for a solo release. Honestly any “Toy Manufacturer” that does this kind of thing as a sale promotion should be punched right in the gut. Thankfully, likely due to the release of Toy Story 4 cooler heads prevailed and I was able to get my Bullseye and overall I really love it. He has a great sculpt, nice articulation and even comes with a little green alien.

Cons: Nothing comes to mind on this figure as it really checks all the boxes for what I expected.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping