ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 10:59 AM   #1285
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

778-2
Hasbro- Transformers Generations: Shrapnel and Reflector

Alright, in a world of Kickbacks (seriously it seems like I?ve done a bunch of reviews on him) I finally get to review a real Insecticon: Shrapnel! And what makes a ?real? Insecticon? Well, for me it?s basically the one that you had as a kid. Yep, that?s basically it: pure, unadulterated nostalgia. That said, I know I?m not alone for my love of this guy given his TFWIKI entry is longer than any paper I wrote for university. I have to respect that kind of dedication. Should be noted that I?m sure every G1 character has an ultra long entry for their character page, but it's just interesting that a background character that for all-intensive purposes was used as a mindless drone has such a deep back story. Boy-o-boy is fandom crazy.

Pros: Nostalgia aside, Shrapnel and Reflector make a pretty great little set. Nice looking in both modes, relatively simple transformation and Reflector?s inclusion really adds some fun.

Cons:Yes it?s simple, but it really works well. Only complaint is that I wish he was able to hold Reflector while in camera mode.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping